217,657 Citigroup accounts infiltrated by Hackers
Citigroup discovered on May 10 that hackers had gained access through its Account Online system that services its North America Citigroup credit card accounts issued in the United States.
The hackers gained access to the customer’s names, account numbers and contact information, including e-mail addresses.
Fortunately, the hackers weren’t able to access any social security numbers, dates of birth, card expiration dates or card security code, which would be useful in identity theft.
Citigroup promptly notified the police and government officials, immediately following the discovery, and placed internal fraud alerts and enhanced monitoring on all the accounts deemed at risk. Due to an ongoing investigation by law enforcement, Citigroup cannot disclose further details regarding how the data breach occurred. However, Citigroup reassured its customer that they will not be liable for any unauthorized use of their cards and urged them to carefully review their account statements and report any suspicious transactions.
This is just the latest in a series of high-profile data attacks against big companies and institutions in recent weeks. Other big companies that have in infiltrated by hackers include Google,Inc., and Sony Corp’s Play Station Network were also the victims of hackers that affected in excess of 100 million online accounts.
No comments yet.
- DECEMBER FIRST IS WORLD AIDS DAY: DO YOU KNOW YOUR HIV STATUS?
- Holiday’s is fast Approaching: Do you know Your Credit Score?
- Trustedworldnews: Pay Me or at least Give Me Credit for “Your Voice Your Vote!” Slogan
- Gov. Rick Scott turned down Billions in Federal Aid: Now the Feds turned down Gov. Rick Scott.
- Mitt Romney: Independent Thinker or Opening Act for President Obama
- Mitt Romney: Courting the Hispanics . . . I Need You to Vote that “Government Stay Out of Your Life!”
- When Mitt Romney Came to Town: The Suffering Began
- Mitt Romney Economics:Jobs loss and Bankruptcy at Ampad
- Mitt Romney: In His Own Words
- At least 14 killed and 50 wounded at a Midnight Movie Screening of Batman, “Dark Knight Rises”, in Aurora Colorado
- YOUR VOTE Is Your Voice . . . And . . . YOUR VOICE is Your Vote . . . 2012 Series
- George Zimmerman released to his sweet life as his wife, Shellie refers to his “slush fund!”