Politics + No Vested Interest Creates “Continual Gridlock” on Capital Hill
Would it be fair to say that if the politicians were deciding on issues that affected them, bills would be flowing out of Congress like a well-oiled conveyor belt? But because the issues that the House and the Senate discuss on a daily basis will not affect them in the least and they have no vested interest in the “bill of the moment” outcome, then it becomes a game of monopoly, me versus you and I will trade all my railroads for your boardwalk property and at the end of the day, they can all walk away without guilt.
Why? Because the actors and actresses on Capitol Hill appear to be acting out a script in a play rather than seriously entertaining any dialogue that would be beneficial to the public-at-large. Somebody needs to shake them out of their movie star roles, and get them to understand that their continual stance of ‘”I got one over them!” roles will haunt them come election time. Do they not understand that the United States is going through the worst recession/depression in its history, with no real light at the end of tunnel for years to come?
Who do they think will be held accountable? Can’t you hear them say collectively, like a well rehearsed choir, “NOT ME?” That’s where they’re wrong! The politicians need to run don’t walk and look at the face staring back at them in the mirror. Have they taken a good look, yet? Good! That’s the person that the public will hold accountable for this mess that we can’t seem to even begin to dig ourselves out of! Why, because, “Politics + No Vested Interest Creates “Continual Gridlock” on Capitol Hill.”
This is our government at work! Don’t worry, they will surely blow the budget and cry to the public to give them more time, during election time, to spend more money for even less work, if you can call it that! At this moment, it looks like they are having an extended ‘frat party” until the public wakes up and smell the coffee.
Let’s just tell it like it is! The politicians’ have no vested interest in the decisions or lack of decisions that they continually seem unable, incapable or unwilling to make. It makes the general public, sick to their stomach, to consistently see the politicians make the shameful walk to the podium and began to talk about what they want individually , but not what could be possible if they all took a step back on a daily basis and ask themselves, “Who put me in this position?” and “Why did they select me over the other candidate?” and “ What do I owe my constituents’ for putting their trust in me and voting for me to hold this prestigious office?”
Each politician should ask, “What is my duty as a civil servant to my constituents’ and what is my duty to myself to be worthy of such an honor?” All the “Grand Standing” needs to cease and desist.
All those clowns on Capitol Hill need to audition for Ringling Brothers Circus and leave the work on Capitol Hill for “Thinkers, Decision-Makers, and Movers & Shakers!” Oh! Don’t forget to chisel the oversized gavel from oversized Bone-Head Boehner’s Hands!”
No comments yet.
Leave a Reply
- DECEMBER FIRST IS WORLD AIDS DAY: DO YOU KNOW YOUR HIV STATUS?
- Holiday’s is fast Approaching: Do you know Your Credit Score?
- Trustedworldnews: Pay Me or at least Give Me Credit for “Your Voice Your Vote!” Slogan
- Gov. Rick Scott turned down Billions in Federal Aid: Now the Feds turned down Gov. Rick Scott.
- Mitt Romney: Independent Thinker or Opening Act for President Obama
- Mitt Romney: Courting the Hispanics . . . I Need You to Vote that “Government Stay Out of Your Life!”
- When Mitt Romney Came to Town: The Suffering Began
- Mitt Romney Economics:Jobs loss and Bankruptcy at Ampad
- Mitt Romney: In His Own Words
- At least 14 killed and 50 wounded at a Midnight Movie Screening of Batman, “Dark Knight Rises”, in Aurora Colorado
- YOUR VOTE Is Your Voice . . . And . . . YOUR VOICE is Your Vote . . . 2012 Series
- George Zimmerman released to his sweet life as his wife, Shellie refers to his “slush fund!”