December one is National AIDS day!!! Do you know your HIV Status?
The historical AIDS QUILT started in 1985 with only one panel; 94,000 names and 25 years later, names continue to be added to
what is now known as the “AIDS QUILT.”
Who knew all those years ago that you could be diagnosed with HIV, yet live a long and meaningful life with early detection and adhering to the proper drug regime.
Magic Johnson is one such example. While you might say that Magic Johnson is the exception because he can afford to get the best care that money can afford, Johnson is not the exception and due to the advances of research, he is the rule.
Freda Jones, HIV positive since 2002; Robby Astrove, HIV positive since 1978 at the age of 15; Pat Linn, HIV positive since 1999 are all still living and doing well, despite living with HIV.
“If you’re engaged in sexual activity or plan to be engaged in an intimate way with your partner, then it’s imperative that you and your partner discuss not only “AIDS but other sexually transmitted diseases that can change your life forever.
If you don’t use the proper protection and open up to each other, through dialogue and be painfully honest with your prospective partner about your history and your present status, you set yourself up as a possible host to other sexually transmitted diseases, in addition to HIV and subsequently AIDS.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner for discovering HIV, Dr. Francoise Barre-Sinouss, Pasteur Institute-President Elect International Aids Society and Dr. Steven Deeks, AIDS Research Institute, collaborate annually with the top scientist from around the world in hope of finding a cure for AIDS.
Much have been done since the early days of detection and the almost certain death that resulted from a positive diagnosis, but much is still needed. People are still being infected and diagnosed with HIV daily and many more are unfortunately, infecting others because they are “HIV Positive” and don’t know it.
While the doctors are doing their part in consistently researching and coming up with different cocktails to prolong life, each person needs to be an “Ambassador to the AIDS Cause” and make a concerted effort to encourage all their family, friends and even their enemies to get tested and use the proper precautions in an effort to eradicate this dreadful and deadly disease known as AIDS.
“Get tested and have your partner tested and use protection all the time, period!”
Dr. John Lester is an inspiring teacher of music, drama, and life in South Florida and the Miami Gardens community. He needs life-saving surgery but his health insurance does not cover any weight-loss treatment for his illness of morbid obesity of 1,000 pounds. Despite his condition, he drives his motorized cart to school every day to share music with his students. He cannot continue the other ways he used to serve with his great musical talent, including directing church choirs and performing at community events.
Please click on the link below to get more information on how to help Dr. Lester obtain the life saving surgery he so desperately need.
Dr. Lester family and friends would like to extend their appreciation to you for every cent that you contribute. Please note that 100 percent of your donation will go towards Dr. Lester surgery. Thank You!
- DECEMBER FIRST IS WORLD AIDS DAY: DO YOU KNOW YOUR HIV STATUS?
- Holiday’s is fast Approaching: Do you know Your Credit Score?
- Trustedworldnews: Pay Me or at least Give Me Credit for “Your Voice Your Vote!” Slogan
- Gov. Rick Scott turned down Billions in Federal Aid: Now the Feds turned down Gov. Rick Scott.
- Mitt Romney: Independent Thinker or Opening Act for President Obama
- Mitt Romney: Courting the Hispanics . . . I Need You to Vote that “Government Stay Out of Your Life!”
- When Mitt Romney Came to Town: The Suffering Began
- Mitt Romney Economics:Jobs loss and Bankruptcy at Ampad
- Mitt Romney: In His Own Words
- At least 14 killed and 50 wounded at a Midnight Movie Screening of Batman, “Dark Knight Rises”, in Aurora Colorado
- YOUR VOTE Is Your Voice . . . And . . . YOUR VOICE is Your Vote . . . 2012 Series
- George Zimmerman released to his sweet life as his wife, Shellie refers to his “slush fund!”