Is America status around the world losing its power? The International Monetary Fund issued a report Thursday on a possible replacement for the dollar as the world’s reserve currency.
The IMF said “Special Drawing Rights,” or SDRs, could help stabilize the global financial system. While the SDRs are not a tangible currency, some economists argue that SDRs could be used as a less volatile alternative to the U.S. dollar.
The goal is to have a reserve asset for Central Banks that better reflects the global economy since the dollar is vulnerable to swings in the domestic economy and changes in the U.S. policy.
Is the world looking at the U.S. economy and its inability to stabilize itself as a turning point to look elsewhere for reserves that could compete more favorably,worldwide?
Fred Bergstein, director of the Peterson Institute for International Economics, said at a conference in Washington that IMF member nations should create $2 trillion worth of SDRs over the next few years.
Where will that leave the U.S. and its lack luster dollar? Can the U.S. dollar survive another 10 years of weak economy and high unemployment numbers? Is the Super Power losing its influence on the rest of the world because it can’t get its own house in order? Is this the beginning of the end or can the U.S. turn itself around before it is viewed around the world as inconsequential?
- DECEMBER FIRST IS WORLD AIDS DAY: DO YOU KNOW YOUR HIV STATUS?
- Holiday’s is fast Approaching: Do you know Your Credit Score?
- Trustedworldnews: Pay Me or at least Give Me Credit for “Your Voice Your Vote!” Slogan
- Gov. Rick Scott turned down Billions in Federal Aid: Now the Feds turned down Gov. Rick Scott.
- Mitt Romney: Independent Thinker or Opening Act for President Obama
- Mitt Romney: Courting the Hispanics . . . I Need You to Vote that “Government Stay Out of Your Life!”
- When Mitt Romney Came to Town: The Suffering Began
- Mitt Romney Economics:Jobs loss and Bankruptcy at Ampad
- Mitt Romney: In His Own Words
- At least 14 killed and 50 wounded at a Midnight Movie Screening of Batman, “Dark Knight Rises”, in Aurora Colorado
- YOUR VOTE Is Your Voice . . . And . . . YOUR VOICE is Your Vote . . . 2012 Series
- George Zimmerman released to his sweet life as his wife, Shellie refers to his “slush fund!”