The Transportation Security Administration has done it again! They have crossed the proverbial red line from common sense to “Arrogance of Power,” exerting power they don’t possess.
Jean Weber, the woman’s daughter told CNN on Sunday that the incident occurred on June 18, when she and her mother were traveling from northwest Florida to Michigan, where her mother was planning to move in with other relatives prior to moving into an assisted-living facility.
Jean Weber stated that: “My mother is very ill, she has a form of leukemia,” and she had a blood transfusion the week before, just to bolster up her strength for this travel.”
At a security checkpoint, a TSA officer ushered the wheelchair-bound woman into a glassed-in area where a pat-down was performed, Weber said. Weber said an agent told her “they felt something suspicious on (her mother’s) leg and they couldn’t determine what it was” — leading them to take her into a private, closed room.
Soon after, Weber said, a TSA agent told her that her mother’s Depend undergarment was “wet and it was firm, and they couldn’t check it thoroughly.” But her mother had no clean diapers in her carry-on luggage and the departure time for the plane was approaching, Weber said.
“They said, ‘You can get her luggage back to get more out of her luggage,’ but the luggage was checked and I didn’t know how long it would take to get her luggage,” Weber said. “I asked if I could take the wet Depends off and they said yes but said but I had to take her back to the lobby of the airport — to the restroom out of the screening area.”
She said she and her mother then went to a bathroom and removed the wet diaper, then went back through the screening checkpoint.
Weber said her mother, a nurse for 65 years, “was very calm” despite being bothered by the fact that she went on to complete her journey without underwear.
Weber did not immediately respond Monday to a telephone call seeking reaction to TSA’s denial that agents had forced her to remove her underwear. By this weekend, the elder woman — who was not identified by name — was doing “fine” in Michigan with her relatives, Weber said Sunday.
- DECEMBER FIRST IS WORLD AIDS DAY: DO YOU KNOW YOUR HIV STATUS?
- Holiday’s is fast Approaching: Do you know Your Credit Score?
- Trustedworldnews: Pay Me or at least Give Me Credit for “Your Voice Your Vote!” Slogan
- Gov. Rick Scott turned down Billions in Federal Aid: Now the Feds turned down Gov. Rick Scott.
- Mitt Romney: Independent Thinker or Opening Act for President Obama
- Mitt Romney: Courting the Hispanics . . . I Need You to Vote that “Government Stay Out of Your Life!”
- When Mitt Romney Came to Town: The Suffering Began
- Mitt Romney Economics:Jobs loss and Bankruptcy at Ampad
- Mitt Romney: In His Own Words
- At least 14 killed and 50 wounded at a Midnight Movie Screening of Batman, “Dark Knight Rises”, in Aurora Colorado
- YOUR VOTE Is Your Voice . . . And . . . YOUR VOICE is Your Vote . . . 2012 Series
- George Zimmerman released to his sweet life as his wife, Shellie refers to his “slush fund!”