Appeals Court Rules On Casey Anthony Probation -“She will have to serve Probation!”
Click on link below to read details:
In an order this month, Strickland clarified that Anthony must begin her probation now that she is out of jail. He then recused himself from the case and turned it over to Judge Belvin Perry, who presided over Anthony’s murder trial. Perry upheld Strickland’s order, and Anthony’s attorneys appealed last week to the Fifth District Court of Appeals in Daytona Beach.
“The petitioner and her attorney’s were well aware that her probation placement was not to begin until her release from confinement,” the appellate court said.
The Fifth District Court of Appeals disagreed with Anthony’s argument that enforcing the probation order would violate the constitutional prohibition on double jeopardy. Anthony maintains she already had completed the probation sentence in jail while she was awaiting trial on murder charges in the 2008 death of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee.
The ruling upheld a lower court’s order requiring Anthony to report to a Florida probation office no later than noon Friday.
Speaking Sunday on Fox News’ “Geraldo at Large,” Anthony’s attorney, Jose Baez, said Anthony was in Florida and would report to a probation office to start probation if the appeal failed.
“We are going to follow the law wherever the courts follow the law and I am certain she will do what’s asked of her if necessary and hopefully it won’t come to that,” Baez said.
1 Comment »
- Who Wins and Who Loses As China Rebalances
- DECEMBER FIRST IS WORLD AIDS DAY: DO YOU KNOW YOUR HIV STATUS?
- Holiday’s is fast Approaching: Do you know Your Credit Score?
- Trustedworldnews: Pay Me or at least Give Me Credit for “Your Voice Your Vote!” Slogan
- Gov. Rick Scott turned down Billions in Federal Aid: Now the Feds turned down Gov. Rick Scott.
- Mitt Romney: Independent Thinker or Opening Act for President Obama
- Mitt Romney: Courting the Hispanics . . . I Need You to Vote that “Government Stay Out of Your Life!”
- When Mitt Romney Came to Town: The Suffering Began
- Mitt Romney Economics:Jobs loss and Bankruptcy at Ampad
- Mitt Romney: In His Own Words
- At least 14 killed and 50 wounded at a Midnight Movie Screening of Batman, “Dark Knight Rises”, in Aurora Colorado
- YOUR VOTE Is Your Voice . . . And . . . YOUR VOICE is Your Vote . . . 2012 Series