A Miami-Dade jury has awarded William Aubin, from Sarasota, more than 14 million after deciding that the asbestos he inhaled in the 1970s caused his deadly abdominal cancer. According to Aubin, his parents, who found Aubin Construction on Key Biscayne in the 1960s, used the asbestos-laden compounds. Aubin, now 59 and a retired firefighter, worked in his parents’ company after they moved it to Sarasota.
Jurors found that chemical giant Union Carbide was negligent for selling asbestos fibers to other companies, which had used the fibers to make joint compounds used by construction companies –- such as the William Aubin’s family owned.
Jurors also found that four of the compound manufactures, including George-Pacific, share some of the responsibility for causing Aubin’s illness.
Peritoneal mesothelioma – is a rare and usually fatal cancer that attacks the lining of the abdominal cavity and organs. Aubin’s lawyers argued that he is permanently impaired and will ultimately and unfortunately die from mesothelioma.
William Aubin’s attorney was Juan Bauta, who argued the case for the Ferraro Law Firm. Michael Terry, a Texas-based attorney, represented Union Carbide.
- DECEMBER FIRST IS WORLD AIDS DAY: DO YOU KNOW YOUR HIV STATUS?
- Holiday’s is fast Approaching: Do you know Your Credit Score?
- Trustedworldnews: Pay Me or at least Give Me Credit for “Your Voice Your Vote!” Slogan
- Gov. Rick Scott turned down Billions in Federal Aid: Now the Feds turned down Gov. Rick Scott.
- Mitt Romney: Independent Thinker or Opening Act for President Obama
- Mitt Romney: Courting the Hispanics . . . I Need You to Vote that “Government Stay Out of Your Life!”
- When Mitt Romney Came to Town: The Suffering Began
- Mitt Romney Economics:Jobs loss and Bankruptcy at Ampad
- Mitt Romney: In His Own Words
- At least 14 killed and 50 wounded at a Midnight Movie Screening of Batman, “Dark Knight Rises”, in Aurora Colorado
- YOUR VOTE Is Your Voice . . . And . . . YOUR VOICE is Your Vote . . . 2012 Series
- George Zimmerman released to his sweet life as his wife, Shellie refers to his “slush fund!”